Dr. Sofoklis Sotiriou
Head of R&D Department, Ellinogermaniki Agogi
Sofoklis Sotiriou has worked in the field of Neutrino Astrophysics, involved in NESTOR, a deep underwater muon and neutrino detector at the Mediterranean Sea (1992-1998). He was member of the research team of Physics Laboratory of the University of Athens.
His main research topics were:
- Monte Carlo Simulation of the detector Muon reconstruction,
- Development and construction of optical sensors (Optical Modules) for NESTOR detector,
- Background measurements with NESTOR optical sensors,
- Development of DAQ system for the two floor NESTOR detector,
- Development of calibration system of the NESTOR detector.
Read the Introduction of his PhD Thesis titled "Detection of Very High Energy neutrinos from AGN with NESTOR telescope". (for the moment is available only in Greek).
Read also an overview on Very High Energy Neutrino Astrophysics (in Greek).
Find very interesting information for other similar projects: